Yesterday we were playing outside and Parker was sitting in the grass. All of a sudden he started to act funny and he started to hit his right leg and look at me. I walked over to him and he had broken out into hives. All over both his legs and arms. There was a bee on the ground beside him, but I don't know if it was a bee sting because I couldn't find a stinger and he never really cried. Just kinda made a whining sound. I called the doctor's office and they said to give him 1/4 tsp. of children's benadryl and keep checking on him for breathing. You wouldn't have known anything had even happened if he weren't covered in hives. He never acted any different. They started to come back around 9 p.m. so I gave him one more dose of benadryl and we haven't seen any hives since. Poor boy, on top of hives, he has had two teeth (that I can tell) come in over the last two weeks.
1 comment:
Oh, man!! Poor guy. I'm so glad he's okay and the benadryl seemed to do the trick. I think maybe I'll have some on hand too for the summer! Thanks for the warning.
Post a Comment